Chewits 3d illustration New York
- Chewits New York 3d illustration
Chewits Pisa 3d Illustration
- Chewits Leaning Tower of Pisa 3d Illustration
Chewits 3d illustration Taj Mahal
- Chewits 3d illustration of The Taj Mahal
Chewits 3d Illustration Barrow
- Chewits 3d illustration of Barrow In Furness Bus Depot
They can enjoy fine dining and view various exhibits that show how important Exxon Mobil is to the McLaren formula 1 team.
3d marcom illustration 01
- 3d illustration of Jenson Button stood infront of the McLaren Mp4-29
3d marcom illustration 02
- 3d illustration of the McLaren Mp4-29 racing around a bend
3d marcom illustration 03
- Overhead 3d illustration of the McLaren Mp4-29
3d marcom illustration 04
- 3d illustration of both McLaren Mp4-29's
3d marcom illustration 05
- 3d illustration of the McLaren Mp4-29 in the rain
3d marcom illustration 06
- 3d illustration of the McLaren Mp4-29 with a sunset backdrop
We know that the 3d model will be used for a wide variety of media at varying resolutions throughout the year so we have to ensure that it is correct from all angles and highly detailed. We also have to ensure that the 3d model requires as little retouching in photoshop as possible even with high pixel resolutions. Working within the Formula 1 arena leaves little time to retouch 3d illustrations even if they are life sized.
Apart from a couple of specific body panels the car is symetrical so only half of it is created to then be mirrored when finished.
We create two versions of each of the drivers car's. A studio version and an "on-track" version. When a formula 1 car doesn't have a driver in it and isn't travelling at break neck speeds it sits higher because there isn't the downforce of the air pushing it closer to the track. Also the tyres are nicely polished. It's these small details that we add to our 3d illustrations that ensures our repeat business with even the most demanding clients.
The Mp4-29, as with it's recent predecessors, has a chrome finish to the paint work. This chrome finish requires several texturemaps to be applied to body panels where there is either a sponsor decal applied or areas of the car that are airbrushed and treated differently to the chrome. We use black and white texture maps to mask out areas on the car that we dont want treated like chrome and blend materials to add different paint effects.
BELOW: An example of a finished 3d illustration using the 3d model of the McLaren MP4-29.